God sometimes expresses his anger at his people Israel. This is not an emotional snit into which God falls; rather, it is a way of expressing his passion to set things right. So God permits the destruction of the Temple and the carrying off of Israel into exile in order to purify and cleanse. When catastrophe befalls us, we should trust in the strange providence of God. God is always about the business of enhancing life.
God’s Cleansing Anger
Cycle BLentWeek 4
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 26, 2006
- George Bailey, Meet Thomas Merton
- What You Hear and See
- Revelation in Ivory
- Bishop Barron on “The Crown” and the Primacy of Grace
- Boomer Wisdom: A Review of Bruce Springsteen’s “Western Stars”
- Hitler, War, and Why Art Matters
- The All-New Issue of the Evangelization & Culture Journal!
- To Jesus Through Mary? Why Yes, and T’was Ever Thus!
- The Messiah’s Work
- Richard Dawkins’ Philosophical Offenses: A Review of “Outgrowing God”
- “The Crown” and the Primacy of Grace
- Bishop Barron’s USCCB Talk and the “Dark Knight” Trilogy
- As I Am, Before God: Mr. Rogers’ Living Philosophy
- Bishop Barron on Advent and God’s Holy Mountain
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- Getting the House in Order