In the twelfth chapter of the Gospel of Luke, Christ assures us not to be afraid. Fear is a spiritual state that causes us not to trust in the lordship of God and to play master of our lives. However, with the awareness that God has given all to us, we’ll realize that we are basically a gift. Gifts are meant to be given, so confidently give yourself away. Do not fear that you will become nothing by giving yourself away for by doing this the divine life fills you anew.
Giving and Receiving
Cycle COrdinary TimeWeek 19
by Bishop Robert BarronAugust 8, 2010
- “David” and Slaying Giants, Through Grace
- 3 Great Paintings on Christian Freedom, Now in Fort Worth, Texas
- Jesus, Photosynthesis, and Redemption
- The Best and Worst of Religion
- “Urgency, Power, Drama”: Jessica Hooten Wilson on Literature and Redemption
- A Chapter That Changed My Life: “Brideshead Revisted”
- Social Unrest and Doubt: Catalysts of Communication, Conversion
- Behaving Virtuously in the Online Wild West
- Come to the Water!
- “Jurassic Park”: An Unexpected Parable for the Modern Age
- If You Want Faithful Children, Let Them See Your Own Faith—Every Day
- Never Destroying, Forever Mending: The Wisdom of a Wall
- Honesty and Courage: Cornel West and Robert George Speak Out
- The Catechetical Directory and the Ways of Beauty
- Bishop Barron on Canceling Padre Serra
- What Do You Want?