Today’s Gospel reading tells us about the Sadducees trying to lead Jesus into a ridiculous conclusion. To them the Jewish teaching on marriage seems irrational. However, Jesus shows us that not everything that appears cloudy to our intellect is sub-rational. Rather, some times it may be supra-rational – beyond the finite intellect – making it rational, but the rationality of another dimension. The claims of Faith may not be comprehensible to our intellects now, but we believe that they will once we are in his eternal presence.
Cycle COrdinary TimeWeek 32
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 7, 2010
- The All-New Issue of the Evangelization & Culture Journal!
- To Jesus Through Mary? Why Yes, and T’was Ever Thus!
- The Messiah’s Work
- Richard Dawkins’ Philosophical Offenses: A Review of “Outgrowing God”
- “The Crown” and the Primacy of Grace
- Bishop Barron’s USCCB Talk and the “Dark Knight” Trilogy
- As I Am, Before God: Mr. Rogers’ Living Philosophy
- Bishop Barron on Advent and God’s Holy Mountain
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- Getting the House in Order
- Prayers and Thoughts
- Scorsese, Marvel, and “Lawrence of Arabia”
- On Duty
- Bishop Barron’s Top 10 Homilies on Christ the King
- A Time to Keep Silence, and a Time to Speak
- “Bishop Barron Presents” with Dr. Arthur Brooks Tomorrow!