All must be aware of the possibility of losing one’s soul in pursuit of gaining the world. One will inevitably face opposition from the world. Will you give in? Christ’s demand of love is difficult and many do not want to follow it because it entails suffering. But in order to follow Christ you must consciously and purposely walk the path of suffering love.
"But for Wales…?"
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 22
by Bishop Robert BarronAugust 31, 2014
- Martin Luther King and the Religious Motivation for Social Change
- St. Kateri Tekakwitha and the Crucible of Sanctity
- Of Good Cheer: Fulton Sheen and Playfulness in the Life of Faith
- Engaging Online: 5 Tips from St. Benedict
- Bishop Barron on God, Equality, and the Founding of America
- Bishop Barron on Social Media and the Catholic Culture of Contempt
- Here’s How Christian Action Is Distinct from Mere Activism
- The Word That Accomplishes Its Purpose
- Seeds of Grace, and How We Receive Them
- Fr. Connor Danstrom’s Music Seeks Out the Hard and Dark Places
- The Family Bookshelf: Secular Books Can Complement Catholic Catechesis
- Heartbeats of Incarnation: Creativity in Crisis
- Jesus of Nazareth, Breaker of Hearts
- Video Games and the Hero’s Narrative
- Zechariah and the New David
- Should My Son Be a Father?