All must be aware of the possibility of losing one’s soul in pursuit of gaining the world. One will inevitably face opposition from the world. Will you give in? Christ’s demand of love is difficult and many do not want to follow it because it entails suffering. But in order to follow Christ you must consciously and purposely walk the path of suffering love.
"But for Wales…?"
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 22
by Bishop Robert BarronAugust 31, 2014
- The New Pew Findings, Catholic Teens, and the Idol of Success
- The Shocking Truth: It Is Good That You Exist
- It’s Not the End of the World…Is It?
- The Strangeness of God
- Mary: Why We Need Our Lady of Sorrows in 2020
- Tour de France: Evangelization on Two Wheels
- On Christianity, Tolerance, and the Need to “Coexist”
- Why Mark Galli, Former Editor-in-Chief of “Christianity Today,” Decided to Become Catholic
- Lord, Bless That Person I Hate So Much
- Hugging Anger
- Kanye’s Theological Argument with His Catholic Friend
- You’re Meant to Be an Eagle, Not a Chicken: A Reflection on Baptism
- Four (More) Reasons I Love Being a Dad
- A Chapter that Changed My Life: “Love and Responsibility”
- God Is Immanent—and You Get to Be His Tabernacle
- A Sick Dog and a Lesson in Communion of All Types