God is not one being among many; He is not a “thing” in this world. How, then, can we describe an encounter with the God who is essentially mysterious? Bishop Barron explains in today’s video.
How Do We Know When We are Truly Encountering God?
About the Author
Bishop Robert Barron
Bishop Robert Barron is the founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. He is also the host of CATHOLICISM, a groundbreaking, award-winning documentary about the Catholic Faith, which aired on PBS.
Bishop Barron is a #1 Amazon bestselling author and has published numerous books, essays, and articles on theology and the spiritual life. He is a religion correspondent for NBC and has also appeared on FOX News, CNN, and EWTN.
Bishop Barron’s website, WordOnFire.org, reaches millions of people each year, and he is one of the most-followed Catholics on social media. His regular YouTube videos have been viewed over 18 million times.
Bishop Barron’s pioneering work in evangelizing through the new media led Francis Cardinal George to describe him as “one of the Church’s best messengers.” He has keynoted many conferences and events all over the world, including the 2016 World Youth Day in Kraków, Poland and the 2015 World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia, which marked Pope Francis’ historic visit to the United States.
Bishop Barron’s latest film series and study program, CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players, debuted in September 2016 and has been syndicated for national television.
- Bl. Nicholas Steno: The Mendel of the Geosciences
- St. John Paul II and the Magna Anima
- The Way of Knowing: How Your Dog Can Teach Your Skepticism
- The Law of Israel
- Satan Recognizes Christ’s Body. Do We?
- Tianna Williams: Leading with Beauty and Trusting in God
- Mr. Manna: In Praise of Demanding Teachers
- Accepting the Most Royal of Invitations: To Suffer
- Stealth Evangelization Through Music and Beauty
- Between Indifferentism and Tribalism
- 5 Ways Saint John Henry Newman Can Help You Through This Year
- On Going through Hell
- “We Lepers”: The Mimetic Saint
- In a World of Miracles, We Can’t Look Away from Ourselves
- On Education: 3 Counsels from My Little Plato
- Isaiah and God’s Holy Mountain