As we move closer to Easter, a time when millions of Catholics around the world will experience the great sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist), Word on Fire will devote the next three days to each of these sacraments. On Monday we shared Bishop Barron’s reflections on Baptism, yesterday on Confirmation, and today on the Eucharist. Enjoy!
Bishop Barron on The Sacrament of the Eucharist
About the Author
Bishop Robert Barron
Bishop Robert Barron is the founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. He is also the host of CATHOLICISM, a groundbreaking, award-winning documentary about the Catholic Faith, which aired on PBS.
Bishop Barron is a #1 Amazon bestselling author and has published numerous books, essays, and articles on theology and the spiritual life. He is a religion correspondent for NBC and has also appeared on FOX News, CNN, and EWTN.
Bishop Barron’s website, WordOnFire.org, reaches millions of people each year, and he is one of the most-followed Catholics on social media. His regular YouTube videos have been viewed over 18 million times.
Bishop Barron’s pioneering work in evangelizing through the new media led Francis Cardinal George to describe him as “one of the Church’s best messengers.” He has keynoted many conferences and events all over the world, including the 2016 World Youth Day in Kraków, Poland and the 2015 World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia, which marked Pope Francis’ historic visit to the United States.
Bishop Barron’s latest film series and study program, CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players, debuted in September 2016 and has been syndicated for national television.
- Bad Guys: Untold Tales of Good and Evil
- The Fascinating and Frightening Padre Pio
- “Evangelization Is Colonialism”: Are We Sure About That?
- We Just Don’t Get It
- The Recovery of St. Matthew
- The Soul is Healed by Being with Children
- 5 Gifts of Being Catholic That I Increasingly Love
- Gifts of Youth: Better Than All Our Sophistications
- Our Lady of Sorrows Moves Us Beyond Anger
- Envy Will Destroy Us
- How to Live a Meaningful Life
- The Cross: Love’s Harsh and Dreadful Beauty
- The Truth about Junípero Serra
- Mountains Motivate the Ascent of the Spiritual Life
- Post 9/11: Anticipated by Radiohead and René Girard
- The Threat of Totalitarianism