As we move closer to Easter, a time when millions of Catholics around the world will experience the great sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist), Word on Fire will devote the next three days to each of these sacraments. Yesterday we shared Bishop Barron’s reflections on Baptism, today on Confirmation, and tomorrow on the Eucharist. Enjoy!
Bishop Barron on The Sacrament of Confirmation
About the Author
Bishop Robert Barron
Bishop Robert Barron is the founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. He is also the host of CATHOLICISM, a groundbreaking, award-winning documentary about the Catholic Faith, which aired on PBS.
Bishop Barron is a #1 Amazon bestselling author and has published numerous books, essays, and articles on theology and the spiritual life. He is a religion correspondent for NBC and has also appeared on FOX News, CNN, and EWTN.
Bishop Barron’s website, WordOnFire.org, reaches millions of people each year, and he is one of the most-followed Catholics on social media. His regular YouTube videos have been viewed over 18 million times.
Bishop Barron’s pioneering work in evangelizing through the new media led Francis Cardinal George to describe him as “one of the Church’s best messengers.” He has keynoted many conferences and events all over the world, including the 2016 World Youth Day in Kraków, Poland and the 2015 World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia, which marked Pope Francis’ historic visit to the United States.
Bishop Barron’s latest film series and study program, CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players, debuted in September 2016 and has been syndicated for national television.
- Agape Love: The Argument from Johnny Cash
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Fifty Years Later: A Fresh Take on Tradition
- Look Back, Look Around, Look Forward
- The Steadying Hand of Experience
- Three Comings of Christ Prepare Us for Advent
- Jackie Kennedy’s Veil and the Weight of Apocalypse
- What the Catholic Church Is Not, in Four Words
- “Shang-Chi” Presents the Strength of Peace and Self-Gift
- Harrison Lemke and the Humanity of Art
- Is Jesus the King of Your Life?
- From Gundam to God: Tyler McNabb and Reformed Epistemology
- The Heroic Face of the Innocents
- Humanity Going Meta to Become All About Itself
- Saint Martin of Tours’ Stunning Encounter
- The Proper Telling of History