It’s easy to think the Church’s great Marian feasts are sentimental or quaint. But really just the opposite is true. Here are Bishop Barron’s reflections on today’s Memorial of the Queenship of Mary, a dramatic celebration which demands we make a choice: Which army are we fighting in? Are we battling alongside the Queen of Heaven or in service of the enemy? That’s the question raised by this memorial.
Bishop Barron on the Queenship of Mary
About the Author
Bishop Robert Barron
Bishop Robert Barron is the founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. He is also the host of CATHOLICISM, a groundbreaking, award-winning documentary about the Catholic Faith, which aired on PBS.
Bishop Barron is a #1 Amazon bestselling author and has published numerous books, essays, and articles on theology and the spiritual life. He is a religion correspondent for NBC and has also appeared on FOX News, CNN, and EWTN.
Bishop Barron’s website, WordOnFire.org, reaches millions of people each year, and he is one of the most-followed Catholics on social media. His regular YouTube videos have been viewed over 18 million times.
Bishop Barron’s pioneering work in evangelizing through the new media led Francis Cardinal George to describe him as “one of the Church’s best messengers.” He has keynoted many conferences and events all over the world, including the 2016 World Youth Day in Kraków, Poland and the 2015 World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia, which marked Pope Francis’ historic visit to the United States.
Bishop Barron’s latest film series and study program, CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players, debuted in September 2016 and has been syndicated for national television.
- We Are an Advent People
- “Trash to Treasure”: The Work of Christ
- “Get Back”: A Narrative Rehab Shows Beauty Amid Brokenness
- Three Comings of Christ Prepare us for Advent
- St. Francis Xavier and Our Waning Zeal for Souls
- When Jesus Called My Sons, I Wanted to Know What For
- The Historical Reality of Jesus
- Giver of Wisdom and Wonder: 5 Lessons from Peter Kreeft
- Advent Is Not Christmas, but Christ’s Arrival Is at Its Center
- Agape Love: The Argument from Johnny Cash
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Fifty Years Later: A Fresh Take on Tradition
- Look Back, Look Around, Look Forward
- The Steadying Hand of Experience
- Three Comings of Christ Prepare Us for Advent
- Jackie Kennedy’s Veil and the Weight of Apocalypse