Reports to: Operations Director
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for managing projects across the ministry. The Project Coordinator will work closely with Directors across the ministry to prioritize projects and plan new ones. More importantly, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that projects remain on target, on budget, and achieve all the goals set forth at the commencement of each project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and facilitate information gathering sessions to define requirements, the schedule and costs.
- Schedule, facilitate and manage project team meetings, anticipating issues, communicating project updates regularly.
- Review and communicate tasks and deliverable progress and hold necessary parties responsible for adhering deliverables
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Manage all project issues and the impact on the project deliverables and schedule. Provide solutions or recommendations for resolution.
- Understand and monitor project budgets and resource allocation needs.
- Provide input or enhancements to improve the project templates, process or procedures
- Prepare and manage project deployment documents and other planning materials
- Prepare and present project status reports and provide timely and accurate information for status updates to the project team and WOF Directors
- The Project Coordinator may be assigned to work on simple projects, coordinate travel, arrange meetings and other team tasks.
- The Project Coordinator will need the ability to create and maintain project schedules, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, have a strong understanding of Project Management, and be able to interface with managers and directors throughout the ministry
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining files and information including but not limited to; project schedules, status reports, financial data, budgets, project documentation, and legal documents.
- Have strong and confident presentation skills
- Proven skills having managed a project (small or large) from beginning to completion
- 1-3 years of project management experience obtained by assisting/coordinating mid-scale projects as well as a proven success record of working several projects simultaneously under tight schedules.
- Excellent and concise communication skills are critical
- Deep knowledge of project management methodologies
- Positive interpersonal skills to build strong relationships throughout the ministry
- Results oriented, work independently, manage time and be a self-starter
- Ability to adapt and learn new business processes and functions
- Proven problem solver
- Familiarity with the work of Bishop Barron and Word on Fire
- Commitment to the mission of Word on Fire, which is to draw people into or back to the Catholic Church
Word on Fire Catholic Ministries is a nonprofit global media apostolate that
supports the work of Bishop Robert Barron and reaches millions of people to draw
them into—or back to—the Catholic faith.
LOCATION: Irving, TX
Salary commensurate with experience.