REPORTS TO: Operations Director
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects across the ministry. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring ministry projects remain on schedule, on budget, and achieve project objectives. The Project Manager will work closely with Directors across the ministry to prioritize and plan projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage project requirement gathering, schedule, and budget through the entire project lifecycle.
- Facilitate project team meetings, anticipate issues, and communicate project regularly.
- Review and communicate tasks and deliverable progress and hold necessary parties responsible for adhering to planned timelines.
- Ownership of the change management process and discipline to avoid scope creep.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Track issues and minimize their impact on the project budget, scope, and objectives. Work with the project team and stakeholders to create solutions that preserve the project’s momentum.
- Good steward of project resources. Monitor project resources to track with the project management plan.
- Create the Project Management Plan (PMP) and manage all project documents such as schedules, budget, procedures, change requests, and issues.
- Prepare and present regular project status reports and provide timely and accurate information for status updates to key stakeholders and the WOF Directors.
- Manage projects using industry-standard project management software such as Jira or Monday.
- Engage key stakeholders and interface with other departments to ensure effective flow of communication.
- Maintain files and information including but not limited to; project schedules, status reports, financial data, budgets, project documentation, and legal documents.
- 1-3 years of experience managing media, education, design, software, or IT projects.
- Proven record of managing simultaneous projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI) or Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) from Scrum Alliance.
- Knowledge of industry project management methodologies such as the Critical Path Method or Agile methodologies like Scrum or the Unified Process.
- Familiarity with project management software such as Jira, Asana, Monday, or Trello.
- Excellent and concise communication skills
- Have strong and confident presentation skills
- Critical thinking skills and excellent planning ability
- Positive interpersonal skills to build strong relationships throughout the ministry
- Results-oriented, independent self-starter, and expert time manager.
- Ability to adapt and learn new business processes and functions.
Word on Fire Catholic Ministries is a nonprofit global media apostolate that supports the work of Bishop Robert Barron and reaches millions of people to draw them into— or back to— the Catholic faith.