FELLOW OF PARISH LIFE
REPORTS TO: Director of the Word on Fire Institute
The Fellow of Parish Life facilitates and promotes the Word on Fire ethos of life and spirituality through the management and facilitation of Word on Fire Institute programs for Catholic parishes. The Fellow will provide the necessary administrative, theological, and leadership expertise to assist in developing and implementing a parish module within the vision of the Word on Fire Institute.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in propagating the Eight Core Principles of the Word on Fire Spirituality through the Word on Fire Institute and all of the associated catechetical and spiritual offerings
- Obtain a mastery of the content and vision of all of Bishop Barron’s content
- Coordinate, manage, and facilitate the growth and maintenance of a parish module within the Word on Fire Institute platform in order to build parish culture and evangelical leadership teams around the country
- Provide the necessary resources, opportunities, and in-person leadership to build successful discipleship in the vision of Bishop Barron through regular online “masterclasses”
- Meet regularly with each parish team to make sure that the principles of the program are being implemented correctly and to understand how the process is helping the parish
- Oversee the digital group membership process of parish leadership within the Word on Fire Institute platform
- Assist in building, growing, and maintaining parish members in the Word on Fire Institute through regular contact with members and consistent dialogue with students and faculty within the Institute platform and in-person
- Create extensive management process to oversee, monitor, and measure the participation of leaders and members of the parishes and provide the Director of the Institute with monthly reports of progress
- Oversee and plan the creation of parish specific content, i.e. Word on Fire Institute courses filmed in Los Angeles, content filmed in the Word on Fire Institute studio in Dallas, and written content for the WOF blog
- Work closely with the Fellow of Word on Fire Communities to help garner healthy relationships between parishes and our Communities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Theology, Philosophy, or Spirituality
- Experience in both leadership and management
- Experience working at a Catholic Parish
- Strong communication and listening skills, flexibility, and problem solving
- An understanding of the work of Bishop Robert Barron
Word on Fire Catholic Ministries is a nonprofit global media apostolate that supports the work of Bishop Robert Barron and reaches millions of people to draw them into— or back to— the Catholic faith.
LOCATION: Irving, TX
Pay commensurate with experience and education.