Many people have written to us, asking for resources and commentary from Bishop Barron on the recent sexual abuse scandals involving Archbishop McCarrick, the Pennsylvania grand jury report, and the recent report from Archbishop Viganò.
To address all of these scandals and suggest a way forward, Bishop Barron released a candid Q&A about the Sexual Abuse Crisis on August 27. He also wrote an article earlier in August titled “The McCarrick Mess.”
Here are four other resources he’s produced on the Church’s sex abuse scandals over the years:
In addition, the Word on Fire blog has featured five reflections on the current crisis—four of them by our Editor-at-Large, Elizabeth Scalia:
- Praying in Crisis: The Sorrowful Mysteries of This Moment
- The Church and Clergy in Crisis: 7 Practical First Steps We Must Take
- How to Restore a Church in Scandal? Begin with a Collective Confession
- McCarrick, Mary, and Mystery: Seeking Truth in the Moment
- The Imitation of Christ’s Anger
Finally, here are some other resources we recommend, which provide light and hope during this dark period:
- Joseph Ratzinger’s “Way of the Cross” meditations and prayers (given in 2005 at the Colosseum in Rome)
- Hours of Eucharistic Adoration in Reparation
- Prayer of Reparation
- Meditation on Reparation and Divine Intimacy
- A Holy Hour of Reparation
Together let’s pray for the victims and the entire Body of Christ.